Kenya News on Kwani Blog
What is Kwani? Kwani Trust was established in 2003. It is dedicated to nurturing and developing Kenya’s and Africa’s intellectual, creative and imagination resources through strategic literary interventions. Kwani Trust houses and distributes literary products and services globally. Kwani Trust, under the guidance of trustees, is overseen by its founding editor, Binyavanga Wainaina supported by key staff; a corps of literary associates, and friends from Kenya, the African continent and the rest of the creative world.
What does Kwani do?
* Edit and publish the foremost literary journal in the region representing new regional literary voices
* Locate, nurture and develop literary talents from as wide a segment of East African society as possible
* Work towards expanding the reading and contemporary story creation culture in Kenya
* Actively build links into the different spheres of African and other writing and stimulate shared creative initiatives
* Represent and promote the works of new authors associated with the Kwani experience both in Kenya and abroad
* Forge collaborations with institutions and individuals to present, develop and support literary and other creative ventures
* Seek, establish and forge regional and global literary linkages with writers, publishers, editors, agents and policy makers to stimulate imaginative and creative exchanges that contribute proactively to global dialogue in a variety of issues
* Proactively move literature into other creative spaces and expand literary audiences and clients of literature
For more news and stories from Kenya, we urge you to read the blog from Kwani?, Kenya’s premier literary magazine: http://kwani.org/blog/.